Whatever your reason for joining, chances are you will find many more benefits to it than you expect! We welcome singers of all abilities – all you need is your voice and your enthusiasm. Not sure you can keep up with long term members? Not a problem. We’ll connect you with someone in the choir who can help. If you can carry a tune with or without a bucket, come and see what we are all about. Here’s what you might find:
Top five reasons to join a choir:
- Singing makes you happy! You may arrive burdened with the cares of the day, but you will walk out with a glow of joy and accomplishment.
- It’s a great way to meet people who share a passion for music.
- It’s good for your mind! Research shows that singing improves your ability to multi-task, your memory and your focus.
- You’ll have the opportunity to sing in cool places – in past years, we sang at the Canadian Tire Center and the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum.
- You’ll give back to your community while doing something you love – we sing at community events throughout the year, as well as performing at retirement residences or other sing-outs during the holiday season.